Request a Live Session
Niagara currently has two Continuing Education courses available for Architects, Engineers, and Developers to earn CEUs. Both courses are available to take online in a self-guided format, or as a live, in-person lunch and learn.
- Water Savings With Every Flush: Improving Water Conservation in High-Performance Buildings
- The Benefits of Improving Water Conservation Standards by Building Beyond Code
Our expert team is available to present to your firm – please fill out the form to request a session.
Water Savings With Every Flush: Improving Water Conservation in High-Performance Buildings
Today—as climate change, population growth, and record droughts present an unprecedented strain on our water supply—conservation technology is building awareness to the importance of having the most water efficient fixtures in a home or business. This course recognizes the flush toilet as one of the biggest users of water and discusses how toilet design is pushing flush technology to develop ways for homes and commercial buildings to conserve water without sacrificing the performance of the toilet. Industry testing protocols and the water-saving capabilities of different technologies are evaluated.
- Discuss why water use is fundamentally different than energy use and why water conservation is essential across the United States
- Explain industry protocols and procedures for testing the water efficiency and operational performance of toilet fixtures
- Explore the design options and functional possibilities of different categories of flush tank-type toilets
- Evaluate and compare the water efficiency of different flush technologies and discuss some of the regulatory challenges regarding toilet water use
- Specify appropriate flush tank-type toilets to meet the usage demands and sustainable design goals for a residential or commercial high-performance building
Credits Offered: 1 LU|HSW AIA, 0.1 ASPE CEU, 1.0 GBCI CE
The Benefits of Improving Water Conservation Standards by Building Beyond Code
The planet is currently in a water scarcity crisis, and toilet water usage can have a significant impact on improving this crisis. This course examines the current plumbing codes, standards, and regulations that address toilet water usage. It also details the need for, and the benefits of, going beyond current standards. It explains the various types of low and ultra-low flow toilets, their pros and cons, and their selection criteria. It concludes with a sampling of successful cost and water-saving installations.
- Significantly reduce water consumption and costs by using low and ultra-low flow toilets
- Capitalize on green building benefits by lowering water consumption with ultra-high efficiency toilets (UHETs)
- Inform developers on financial incentives related to water conservation for affordable housing programs, and
- Optimize the benefits available from exceeding current code and standard water consumption requirements.
Credits Offered: 1 LU|HSW AIA, 0.1 ASPE CEU